Rejuvenate & relax your Body & Mind, with a professional Group or Private Meditation Class from The Reiki & Meditation Project in North Sydney
What Is Meditation?
Meditation does not require faith or belief. Meditation is very down to earth and practical and it is available to everyone regardless of what tradition you currently practise. Meditation is the path not the goal and does not necessarily mean sitting cross-legged on a cushion. You can meditate anywhere anytime. Meditation is simply making a choice to focus your mind on something.
Your mind and your external reality are in a constant state of flux. Every second of your life you are creating or constructing your reality through what you think about and what you take in from your environment. So why not consciously focus your mind on positive and beneficial thoughts?
Listen to Ben Starr talk to Lynda Kerr about Meditation and Reiki https://soundcloud.com/the-conversation-arena/lynda-kerr-meditation
There is a reason why meditation has been practised in many cultures of thousands of years, because its benefits are almost too numerous to mention. In all areas, physical, mental, emotional, psychological and spiritual, meditation has the potential to ease your suffering and help you create a better life.
Meditation teaches you to know where you are in life; to know how to respond with appropriate spontaneity to any situation, when you allow your emotions to flow, when to suppress them; and to know the condition of your body. Yours goals for meditation most often change a few times throughout your life.
Benefits Of Meditation
Most recently science has proved the benefits of meditation not only for Relaxation but for:
How Is Meditation Different From Thinking?
- Overall better health and wellbeing
- Reduce high blood pressure
- Boost your immune system
- Increase happiness
- Meditate to sharpen the mind and help your concentration and mental resilience
- Meditate to balance your emotions
- Meditate to be more aware of your body and mind, as a result of multi-tasking and rushing all the
- Time you may find that you are losing the ability to be fully aware.
- Meditate to contemplate the mysteries of life
- To deepen relaxation
- Lower stress and anxiety levels
- Bring about a state of calm
- Balance energy levels
- Bring clarity of mind and insight
- Helps reduce mental chatter and slowing the overactive self talk and cognitive analysis
- Reduction in pain levels
- Decrease side effects associated with medication
- Ability to regain perspective when feeling overwhelmed
- Reduce panic and hyperventilation
- Improvement in sleep patterns
- Meditation can be used as a sound preparation before facing sporting events, exams, presentations or meetings
- A time capsule in which to re-energise
- As a preparation for travel, eg. fear of flying
- As a space for stillness, peace quiet and contentment
- Over time can brings a deep and profound understanding of self, wisdom
Meditation attempts to transcend the kind of thinking in which you identify with your thoughts or you are lost in your thoughts. The practice of meditation gives you the ability to observe your thoughts, just as you can observe all other experiences.
Mindfulness Meditation – We all have the capacity to be mindful.
Mindfulness is a form of self-awareness that can be used in meditation and everyday life. Mindfulness is about being aware of what is happening in the present on a moment by moment basis while not making judgements about whether we like or don’t like what we find. Mindfulness simply involves cultivating our ability to pay attention in the present moment and allow ourselves to disengage from mental “clutter” and, to have a clear mind.
The method that I use to facilitate “mindfulness” is very experiential, using a variety of different techniques and meditation to involve participants rather than just talk about “mindfulness”. This system has proved very successful for all levels of understanding. “As what we experience, we remember”.
How Can You Choose The Meditation Technique That is Right For You?
In my group and private sessions I cover a variety of different styles of meditations from numerous traditions, it’s a bit like food many varieties and choices, though, they all do the same thing, they feed us. Everyone is unique and so is everyone’s experience of meditation.
It is NOT essential to use your intellect or analyize meditation but it’s more important to EXPERIENCE.
Group classes, Community, corporate and private sessions please refer to workshop page.
Contact me today for any further details or for an obligation free chat to discuss how I can assist you to maintain or to return to your natural state of wellness and regain and maintain that great sense of zest for life and natural wellbeing.
I thought the course was marvelous Your harmony and peace was contagious Wendy, North Sydney June, 2015
For more information about the best services for your needs or to organise an appointment - just give us a call!
- Diploma of Health Sc.
- Reiki (Level 1, Level 2, Level 3A & Master teacher)
- Meditation Facilitators Certificate
- Cert IV Aromatherapy
- Advance Spa therapies & Ayurveda Certificate
- Pranic Healing (Level 1 & Level 2) & Pranic Pychotherapy Certificate
- Certificate IV in Workplace training
- Member of Australian Reiki Connection Inc. (ARC)
- Member of Association of Reiki Professionals
- Member of Australian Teachers’ Meditation Association (ATMA)
Energy to Transform
(Wellbeing Magazine Annual Edition - 18 December 2013)
The Resolution that changed my Life
(Body and Soul in Sunday Telegraph, 12 January 2014)
Just for today
(Professional Beauty Magazine Mar/Apr 2012 Issue)